Source: Texas Animal Health Commission
What do you need to know about official ID?
- Questions about the rollout should be directed to [email protected]
- Official identification requirements for cattle and bison in Texas or entering Texas remain unchanged.
- The USDA is allowing tag companies to continue manufacturing and selling metal NUES tags until further notice.
- To prepare for any future tag requirement decisions, producers should make sure they have a Premises Identification Number (PIN) or Location Identification Number (LID). You can obtain a PIN or LID by contacting the TAHC Animal Disease Traceability team at [email protected] or 512-719-0733.
- Metal NUES Brucellosis vaccination tags for accredited veterinarians are still available from the USDA.