For employment in the law enforcement department, call 800-242-7820 and ask for Michelle Carlile at extension 111. Specific qualifications are required for consideration to be a special ranger (see below).
Thank you for your interest in becoming a special ranger with Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association (TSCRA).
TSCRA employs 30 professional law enforcement officers who are strategically positioned throughout Texas and Oklahoma to investigate agricultural theft. TSCRA special rangers are commissioned by the Texas Department of Public Safety and/or the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.
In the rare instances when a position becomes available, applicants must meet these minimum requirements to be considered for an interview:
- U.S. citizen
- Excellent physical condition
- Outstanding record of at least five (5) years of active law enforcement experience, including criminal investigative experience
- NOTE: Military police experience does not count toward the five (5) years of required experience
- Hold an active peace officers license
- Meet the approval of Texas Department of Public Safety and/or Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
- Current in all mandated training required by respective state licensing agency
- Extensive background in the livestock (cattle) industry
- Pass a thorough and comprehensive background investigation
- Pass a polygraph and psychological evaluation
- No criminal history of (and not limited to) felony criminal convictions, family violence, DWI or DUI convictions
- Of good moral character and habits
- Good driving record
- Possess a valid Texas driver’s license free of any restrictions that would compromise the applicant’s ability to perform duties
The primary responsibility of the Manager of Engagement will be to recruit new Texas & Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association (TSCRA) members in the East, Northeast and Southeast areas of Texas. This position will also serve as a coordinator for TSCRA engagement programs and other events as assigned statewide.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with TSCRA members in East, Northeast and Southeast Texas and serve as a resource for general TSCRA information.
- Assist in planning and executing TSCRA ranch gatherings, educational, or other events in the East, Northeast and Southeast Texas areas.
- Organize regional and/or district TSCRA leader meetings and visits, as necessary.
- Coordinate with local and regional TSCRA Special Rangers in promoting law enforcement work and making introductions to new and existing members.
- Attend local beef and landowner events, meetings, livestock sales, and other events and meetings to promote TSCRA.
- Cultivate connections with local Texas A&M AgriLife extension employees, feed stores, machinery dealers, community banks, sale barns, local beef groups, and more with the intent to grow promote TSCRA and grow TSCRA membership.
- Assist with the identification and cultivation of potential new TSCRA leaders in the East, Northeast and Southeast Texas areas.
- Assist in furthering the missions of TSCRA and gathering support for its entities such as Cattle Raisers Insurance, Special Ranger Foundation, Political Action Committee, Disaster Relief Fund, and Leadership Development Foundation efforts.
Additional Job Functions:
- Serve as staff liaison to the TSCRA Membership Development Committee and organize committee meetings and documents.
- Lead implementation of programs and concepts at the direction of the Membership Development Committee.
- Work with like-minded partners and organizations to effectively create and implement membership campaigns to recruit cow-calf, landowner, stocker, feeder, youth and partner level memberships.
- Assist in and attend meetings with Texas A&M AgriLife personnel in College Station, Texas.
- Must live in, or be willing to relocate to within a 90-mile radius of College Station, Texas, with some variation for the right candidate
- Must be willing and able to travel frequently, a company vehicle will be provided
- Must be willing and able to work during customary workday and other times including evenings and weekends
- Must be a self-starter exhibiting drive and initiative
- Exceptional communication, writing, organizational and people management skills
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university, agricultural degree strongly preferred
- Must have at minimum two years’ experience working in the agriculture field
- A beef cattle background is not required, but highly preferred
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Executive Director of Engagement and Education
Job Status: Exempt – full time
Compensation Basis: Salary, benefits package, and company vehicle
To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected] and reference Manager of Engagement. Position will remain open until proper candidate is identified.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This position description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the TSCRA. Employees are required to comply with supervisory instructions and perform other job duties, responsibilities and assignments requested by executives, managers and other TSCRA officials. This position description does not constitute an employment contract between TSCRA and the employee.
TSCRA’s Receptionist and Membership Services Assistant is responsible for operating a multi-line console phone system, greeting and directing members and guests, and providing administrative support for a broad and varied range of duties and frequently changing priorities. Assists with updating member database and provides back-up coverage for membership team. Exceptional customer service and organizational skills are essential.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform receptionist duties for the Association; provide a positive first impression for our members. Ensure front desk runs smoothly, including handling calls, requests, and inquiries.
- Manage the association phone system software to provide coverage for scheduled TSCRA holidays.
- Greet and direct visitors to the appropriate staff.
- Assist with maintaining office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk. Notify staff about deliveries received.
- Coordinate delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Assist with maintaining member contact updates in the association database.
- Assist membership staff with fulfillment of membership cards, renewal notices, and new member packets.
- Assist with fulfillment of merchandise orders.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Other Job Functions:
May participate in the planning, execution, and follow-up of member service at events including, but not limited to:
- Cattle Raisers Convention and Expo
- TSCRA Summer Board Meeting
- TSCRA Policy Conference
Reports directly to Executive Director of Membership & Operations.
- Must be based in the TSCRA office in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Must be able to work during customary workday/work week hours with potential hybrid work option
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of work experience in a similar role with the ability to project a positive attitude over the phone and in-person interactions.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal and exceptional telephone etiquette
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to build relationships.
- Well organized, dedicated, reliable, and flexible
- Proactive attitude and ability to anticipate needs, problems, and opportunities.
- Detail-oriented and organized; able to manage multiple priorities despite numerous interruptions.
- Effective time management skills; adaptable to changing requirements.
- Ability to be resourceful and responsive when issues arise, ensuring the right people are informed.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a larger team.
- Some lifting is required, up to approximately 25 lbs.
- Experience working with commonly used computer hardware and software packages.
Non-exempt – Full time
This position description describes the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This position description and the duties of this position are subject to change, including modification and addition as deemed necessary by the TSCRA. Employees are required to comply with supervisory instructions and perform other job duties, responsibilities and assignments requested by executives, managers and other TSCRA officials. This position description does not constitute an employment contract between TSCRA and the employee.
Summer-long internship in Austin for students interested in learning how TSCRA represents livestock producers at the Texas Capitol. Applications for the TSCRA Summer Government Relations Internship are due March 17.
Summer-long internship in Fort Worth for students interested in experiencing a wide range of opportunities including administration, communications, education, events, membership and more. Applications for the TSCRA Summer Fort Worth Internship are due March 17.