For employment in the law enforcement department, call 800-242-7820 and ask for Michelle Carlile at extension 111. Specific qualifications are required for consideration to be a special ranger (see below).
Thank you for your interest in becoming a special ranger with Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association (TSCRA).
TSCRA employs 30 professional law enforcement officers who are strategically positioned throughout Texas and Oklahoma to investigate agricultural theft. TSCRA special rangers are commissioned by the Texas Department of Public Safety and/or the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.
In the rare instances when a position becomes available, applicants must meet these minimum requirements to be considered for an interview:
- U.S. citizen
- Excellent physical condition
- Outstanding record of at least five (5) years of active law enforcement experience, including criminal investigative experience
- NOTE: Military police experience does not count toward the five (5) years of required experience
- Hold an active peace officers license
- Meet the approval of Texas Department of Public Safety and/or Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
- Current in all mandated training required by respective state licensing agency
- Extensive background in the livestock (cattle) industry
- Pass a thorough and comprehensive background investigation
- Pass a polygraph and psychological evaluation
- No criminal history of (and not limited to) felony criminal convictions, family violence, DWI or DUI convictions
- Of good moral character and habits
- Good driving record
- Possess a valid Texas driver’s license free of any restrictions that would compromise the applicant’s ability to perform duties
A Texas & Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association internship is a great opportunity to gain experience and knowledge in the beef cattle industry! Participants will work on building communication and networking skills, get acquainted with a wide range of work and departments, network with industry leaders, and see the processes of hosting an event for one of the largest agriculture trade associations in Texas. See below for the types of internship experiences available.
The Texas & Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association is accepting applications for the 2021 Cattle Raisers Convention & Expo internship held July 23-25, 2021. The convention internship allows students to gain experience and knowledge in the beef cattle industry while making connections with some of the industry’s highest leaders. The experience allows students to get a behind-the-scenes look of hosting an event for the largest agricultural trade association in Texas.
• Assist TSCRA staff with a variety of meetings and events at the convention and expo. TSCRA staff will direct students in specific duties at meetings and events.
• Internship will include a wide range of responsibilities, including registering attendees, setting up meetings, working trade show booths and event space, assisting speakers, overseeing meeting sign-ins and other general duties as required.
• College student at an accredited university at time of application
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Must be available to work July 20-25, 2021 in Fort Worth, Texas
• Background in the agriculture industry preferred but not required
• Exceptional communication and organizational skills
• Lodging provided at downtown Fort Worth hotel nearby convention center
• Parking costs at hotel parking garage
• Meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner, or meal credit
• $50 travel credit to be applied at intern’s discretion
• Three shirts including one t-shirt, one polo and one button down to keep
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and letter of recommendation via Adobe PDF or Microsoft Office platform no later than May 15, 2021. Multiple applicants will be selected and notified no later than June 1. Applications accepted only by email to email@example.com, please reference Convention Internship.