A Texas & Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association internship is a great opportunity to gain experience and knowledge in the beef cattle industry! Participants will work on building communication and networking skills, get acquainted with a wide range of work and departments, network with industry leaders, and see the processes of hosting an event for one of the largest agriculture trade associations in Texas. See below for the types of internship experiences available.
For employment in the law enforcement department, call 800-242-7820 and ask for Michelle Carlile at extension 111. Specific qualifications are required for consideration to be a special ranger (see below).
Thank you for your interest in becoming a special ranger with Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association (TSCRA).
TSCRA employs 30 professional law enforcement officers who are strategically positioned throughout Texas and Oklahoma to investigate agricultural theft. TSCRA special rangers are commissioned by the Texas Department of Public Safety and/or the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.
In the rare instances when a position becomes available, applicants must meet these minimum requirements to be considered for an interview:
- U.S. citizen
- Excellent physical condition
- Outstanding record of at least five (5) years of active law enforcement experience, including criminal investigative experience
- NOTE: Military police experience does not count toward the five (5) years of required experience
- Hold an active peace officers license
- Meet the approval of Texas Department of Public Safety and/or Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
- Current in all mandated training required by respective state licensing agency
- Extensive background in the livestock (cattle) industry
- Pass a thorough and comprehensive background investigation
- Pass a polygraph and psychological evaluation
- No criminal history of (and not limited to) felony criminal convictions, family violence, DWI or DUI convictions
- Of good moral character and habits
- Good driving record
- Possess a valid Texas driver’s license free of any restrictions that would compromise the applicant’s ability to perform duties
The Texas & Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association is accepting applications for the 2021 Cattle Raisers Convention & Expo internship held July 23-25, 2021. The convention internship allows students to gain experience and knowledge in the beef cattle industry while making connections with some of the industry’s highest leaders. The experience allows students to get a behind-the-scenes look of hosting an event for the largest agricultural trade association in Texas.
• Assist TSCRA staff with a variety of meetings and events at the convention and expo. TSCRA staff will direct students in specific duties at meetings and events.
• Internship will include a wide range of responsibilities, including registering attendees, setting up meetings, working trade show booths and event space, assisting speakers, overseeing meeting sign-ins and other general duties as required.
• College student at an accredited university at time of application
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Must be available to work July 20-25, 2021 in Fort Worth, Texas
• Background in the agriculture industry preferred but not required
• Exceptional communication and organizational skills
• Lodging provided at downtown Fort Worth hotel nearby convention center
• Parking costs at hotel parking garage
• Meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner, or meal credit
• $50 travel credit to be applied at intern’s discretion
• Three shirts including one t-shirt, one polo and one button down to keep
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and letter of recommendation via Adobe PDF or Microsoft Office platform no later than May 15, 2021. Multiple applicants will be selected and notified no later than June 1. Applications accepted only by email to email@example.com, please reference Convention Internship.
The Texas & Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association is a 144-year-old trade organization. As the largest livestock association in Texas, TSCRA represents more than 18,000 beef cattle producers, ranching families and businesses who manage approximately 4 million head of cattle on 51.5 million acres of range and pastureland, primarily in Texas and Oklahoma. TSCRA provides law enforcement and livestock inspection services, legislative and regulatory advocacy, industry news and information, insurance services and educational opportunities for its members and the industry.
TSCRA has an opportunity for students to assist during the fall semester in our headquarters office in Fort Worth, Texas. TSCRA will encourage students to experience a wide range of work and departments, to network with industry leaders and gain access to the agriculture industry as a whole.
• Students will work across several departments including administration, communications, education, events and membership.
• Students will assist staff in preparing for the 2021 TSCRA Policy Conference held in San Antonio, Texas, through assigned event specific tasks.
• Students may be asked to attend industry trade show events on behalf of TSCRA, as needed.
• Students will be asked to perform a multitude of generic office tasks such as phone answering, data entry, mailings, filings and other administrative tasks.
Qualifications / Specifics
• Must be a college student at an accredited university
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Be available mid-August to early December, with flexibility on school schedule and online classes
• Willing to relocate and live in Fort Worth, Texas during duration of internship
• Office attire is business casual, while some specific events are business attire
• Agricultural industry experience preferred but not required
This is a paid internship, and multiple positions may be available for the right candidates. Students must submit a cover letter, resume and letter of recommendation via Adobe PDF or Microsoft Office formats. The deadline for completed applications is Tuesday, June 1, 2021. Applications or questions should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Fort Worth Fall Internship.
Click here to download this as a PDF.