May 25-27, 2019
You can buy certain water-efficient and water-conserving products tax free during the Water-Efficient Products Sales Tax Holiday. There is no limit on the number of qualifying items you can buy. If you are a contractor, landscaper or other service provider, see the link at the bottom of the page for specific information.
The 2019 holiday begins Saturday, May 25, and goes through Monday, May 27 (Memorial Day).
You can also buy certain water-conserving products tax free during the holiday period.
Unlike WaterSense-labeled items, these items are only exempt when you buy them for use at your residential property.
You can buy items tax free during the holiday that are used or planted for:
- conserving or retaining groundwater;
- recharging water tables; or
- decreasing ambient air temperature, and so limiting water evaporation.
Examples of items that qualify for the exemption include:
- a soaker or drip-irrigation hose
- a moisture control for a sprinkler or irrigation system
- a rain barrel or an alternative rain and moisture collection system
- a permeable ground cover surface that allows water to reach underground basins, aquifers or water collection points
- plants, trees and grasses
- water-saving surfactants
- soil and compost
Examples of items that do not qualify for the exemption include:
- construction/building materials
- awnings and other items used to create shade
- air conditioners*
- ceiling fans*
*Certain air conditioners and ceiling fans can be bought tax free as part of the Energy Star Sales Tax Holiday during Memorial Day weekend.