Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue recently announced the appointment of 35 members to the Cattlemen’s Beef Promotion and Research Board. Producers and importers newly appointed to serve 3-year terms are:
- Mary Jo Rideout, Red Rock, Ariz.
- Hugh Sanburg, Eckert, Colo.
- Stephanie Dykshorn, Ireton, Iowa
- David C. Bruene, Kelley, Iowa
- Randall W. Debler, Alma, Kan.
- DJ Edwards, Hamilton, Kan.
- Amelia Kent, Slaughter, La.
- Ken Blight, Albion, Mich.
- Penny Zimmerman, Foley, Minn.
- Larry Jefcoat, SoSo, Miss.
- David B. Hutsell, Hartville, Mo.
- Bree A. DeNaeyer, Seneca, Neb.
- David W. Hamilton, Thedford, Neb.
- Robert Crabb Jr., Siler City, N.C.
- Bill King, Moriarty, N.M.
- Angie Meyer, Okarche, Okla.
- Vaughn Thorstenson, S.D.
- Eric Sumption, Frederick, S.D.
- Kristina Oldfield McKee, Lebanon, Tenn.
- Ernie A. Morales, Devine, Texas
- Bilynn Johnson, Happy, Texas
- Charlie Price, Oakwood, Texas
- Don Smith, Sulphur Springs, Texas
- Wallace Schulthess, Woodruff, Utah
- Bob Mitchell, Wauzeka, Wis.
- Terry Quam, Lodi, Wis.
- Irvin J. Petsch, Wyo.
- Jack Parent, Swanton, Vt., Northeast Unit
- C.W. Senn Jr., York, S.C., Southeast Unit
- Rocky Pinheiro, Glenn, Calif., Southwest Unit
- Melvin Medeiros, Laton, Calif., Southwest Unit
- Ruby L. Uhart, Wells, Nev., Southwest Unit
- Steven Hobbs, Larkspur, Colo., Importer
- Nicholas Brander, Wilmette, Ill., Importer
- Fred A. Sorbello, Mullica Hill, N.J., Importer
The board is authorized by the Beef Promotion and Research Act of 1985 and has 99 members, all of whom are beef producers or importers of cattle, beef or beef products. The board is authorized by the Beef Promotion and Research Act of 1985.
Since 1966, Congress has authorized the establishment of 22 industry-funded research and promotion boards. They empower farmers and ranchers to leverage their own resources to develop new markets, strengthen existing markets, and conduct important research and promotion activities. USDA’s Agricultural Marketing Services provides oversight, paid for by industry assessments, which ensures fiscal accountability and program integrity.