Source: International Stockmen’s Educational Foundation
The International Stockmen’s Educational Foundation is now accepting applications for 2017 Travel Fellowships to attend the International Livestock Congress USA, held in conjunction with the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, March 8-9, 2017.
In an effort to enhance the educational experiences of college students and strengthen the leaders of tomorrow’s livestock and meat industries, the International Stockmen’s Educational Foundation (ISEF) awards International Livestock Congress travel fellowships annually to senior-level undergraduates and graduate students currently enrolled in accredited colleges or universities.
The International Livestock Congress USA, managed through a partnership of the ISEF and the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™, is a unique global event that brings leaders from the livestock and meat industries together to discuss issues of international importance that affect the future of animal agriculture. Students will participate in the event March 8 – 9, 2017 in Houston.
The theme of the 2017 ILC will be Balancing Livestock and Water Use for Sustainable Nutrition. Some of the topics to be covered are listed below.
- Water and Economic Prosperity
- Livestock Demand and Efficiency of Water Usage
- Effects of Malnutrition and Stunting in Infants on their Health, Cognitive Development and Lifetime Productivity
- Livestock and Water: Water, Water Everywhere or Nowhere
- A Multi-Stakeholder Initiative Driving Toward Sustainable Solutions
- Importance of Improving Animal Source Food Production: Nutrition in the Developmental Health of Children and Pregnant and Lactating Women
Fellowships include airfare, ground transportation, hotel and scheduled meals. Scholastic achievement, leadership experiences and professional references are all part of the stringent qualifying requirements for this fellowship.
Applications must be submitted online and received by Nov. 1, 2016.
CLICK or TAP HERE for guidelines for submitting applications.
CLICK or TAP HERE to fill out a student application.
CLICK or TAP HERE for a reference form.
Information regarding the 2016 International Livestock Congress may be found at www.theisef.com.