Source: NRCS | July 24, 2019

In response to recent flooding impacting many parts of the United States, USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) announces the availability of $217.5 million dedicated … Read More

How are you preparing your ranch for a possible wildfire? The Texas Ranch Wildfire Program was created to work with landowners to identify priority areas, boundaries and other factors on their ranches to allow firefighters to make tactical decisions that reflect each landowner’s priorities. The best time … Read More

Source: Oklahoma State University | June 18, 2019

The loss of available forage for livestock is an economic hardship for Oklahoma producers, whether … Read More

By Donald Stotts, Oklahoma State University Ag Communications Services

June 18, 2019

Saving cattle struggling to survive floodwaters was an immediate need, but now commercial livestock producers must ensure they follow USDA rules for seeking assistance payments. (Photo by Todd Johnson, … Read More

Source: by Madeline Purdue for USA TODAY | May 30, 2019

Tornadoes have torn their way across the country as the natural disaster … Read More

As the water drops, Oklahoma ranchers and farmers are adding up the crops and cattle lost in the flood. Now comes the cleanup and taking care of the animals that were spared.

Many beef Oklahoma beef producers have suffered loss from the recent and on-going flooding statewide. The Oklahoma Cattlemen’s Foundation, a charitable arm of the Oklahoma Cattlemen’s Association, has set-up a Flood Relief Fund for monetary donations. 100 percent of donations will be distributed to ranchers who have been affected by … Read More

The National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Climate Prediction Center is predicting that a near-normal Atlantic hurricane season is most likely this year. This outlook forecasts a 40 percent chance of a near-normal season, a 30 percent chance of an above-normal season and a 30 percent chance of a below-normal season. … Read More

Source: Texas State Comptroller’s Office

This story by Spencer Grubbs is from the May 2019 edition of … Read More

May 5-11 is Hurricane Preparedness Week, and the last two tips are reminders to help your neighbor and complete a written plan. Many Americans rely on their neighbors after a disaster, but there are also many ways you can help your neighbors before a hurricane approaches. Learn about all the … Read More