For employment in the law enforcement department, call 800-242-7820 and ask for Michelle Carlile at extension 111. Specific qualifications are required for consideration to be a special ranger (see below).
Thank you for your interest in becoming a special ranger with Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association (TSCRA).
TSCRA employs 30 professional law enforcement officers who are strategically positioned throughout Texas and Oklahoma to investigate agricultural theft. TSCRA special rangers are commissioned by the Texas Department of Public Safety and/or the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.
In the rare instances when a position becomes available, applicants must meet these minimum requirements to be considered for an interview:
- U.S. citizen
- Excellent physical condition
- Outstanding record of at least five (5) years of active law enforcement experience, including criminal investigative experience
- NOTE: Military police experience does not count toward the five (5) years of required experience
- Hold an active peace officers license
- Meet the approval of Texas Department of Public Safety and/or Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
- Current in all mandated training required by respective state licensing agency
- Extensive background in the livestock (cattle) industry
- Pass a thorough and comprehensive background investigation
- Pass a polygraph and psychological evaluation
- No criminal history of (and not limited to) felony criminal convictions, family violence, DWI or DUI convictions
- Of good moral character and habits
- Good driving record
- Possess a valid Texas driver’s license free of any restrictions that would compromise the applicant’s ability to perform duties
Membership Operations Intern
The Intern of Membership Operations has the primary responsibility of supporting association membership operations, primarily through renewal and recruitment processes to existing and prospective members. The intern will assist with maintaining accounts receivable for the association services department, assisting with registration for the Cattle Raisers Convention and Board Meetings, and assisting with fulfillment of TSCRA merchandise orders. This internship is a paid position.
If you are interested in this position CLICK HERE for more information including how to apply.
Cattle Raisers Convention On-Site Intern
The 2018 Cattle Raisers Convention Internship is a great opportunity to gain experience and knowledge in the beef cattle industry. This experience will build communication and networking skills and allow you to see the processes of hosting an event for one of the largest agriculture trade associations in Texas.
Lodging and parking will be paid for by TSCRA. Meals will be offered to interns at no cost and will include breakfast, lunch and dinner. Each student will be provided a $50 travel credit and one TSCRA shirt per day for the duration of the Convention. Each student will be invited to attend all of the Convention functions/events including Saturday night’s dinner and dance, at no charge.
If you are interested in this position CLICK HERE for more information.