Join The Texas Tribune this week for a virtual symposium on the future of rural Texas. In conversation with legislators, local officials and other natives of rural Texas, attendees will discuss how a state with a proud ranching and agricultural history honors its heritage while acknowledging the realities of the modern world.
Register to join us at trib.it/ruraltexas.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT
In order to make this event as accessible to everyone as possible, there are several ways to participate in the symposium.
• Bookmark this webpage (trib.it/watchrural) and tune in at noon Central each day from Nov. 9-13 to watch the event live.
• If you can’t tune in live, each session will be available to watch on demand at any time after it airs. You can find all videos at trib.it/watchrural.
• If your bandwidth is slower, YouTube.com will automatically adjust the resolution of the video to accommodate. If you’re still having trouble, you can manually lower the resolution to find the best fit for your streaming capabilities. Detailed instructions on how to do that are here: support.google.com/youtube/answer/91449?hl=en.
• We’ll also have recaps for every session available with highlights from the conversation. You can also find those at trib.it/watchrural.
• After the symposium, each conversation will be available for listening via the Texas Tribune Events podcast. Find those at texastribune.org/audio.
If you are still having trouble watching the event or you would like to
request a downloadable file of a particular session, please reach out to [email protected].
Click here to download more information or visit trib.it/ruraltexas.TTE-Rural_Symp-How-to-Participate