Cattle Raisers Convention Request for Proposals
The Cattle Raisers Convention is the largest gathering of ranchers and landowners in the Southwest. More than 4,500 ranchers and landowners representing all breeds and herd sizes will attend the event. The Convention provides attendees with industry news, education, and networking opportunities. Attendees are looking for practical and innovative ideas that they can take back to the ranch and implement. Whether attendees have 5 or 500 cows, they are looking for opportunities to learn more about the cattle business.
We are requesting proposals for educational programs at the 2020 Cattle Raisers Convention. We are looking for fresh content for the presentations, but also incorporating different delivery methods for variety and maximum retention of the presented information. Do you have a new idea or presentation format that would be a good fit for the 2020 Cattle Raisers Convention? Help us develop unique, practical educational offerings by submitting your proposal for presentations that attendees can take back to the ranch.
Priority selection will be given to those topics or presenters with practical information and new tools, techniques or technologies that address any aspect of ranching.
Proposals will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Is the content practical?
- Is the topic new and innovative?
- Is the content unique?
- Is the session thought-provoking, innovative, organized and engaging?
- Does the session provide an interactive component?
- Is the presentation unbiased? (Presentations cannot be sales pitches and must provide valuable educational content)
- Be available to present on March 26 and/or 27, 2020 in Fort Worth.
- Submit handout materials by the requested deadline of February 28, 2020 for proceedings.
- All presentations should be built in 16:9 format for viewing on presentation computers.
- Use presentation computers provided by TSCRA during session.
- Allow interaction between attendees.
- Use microphone while speaking.
- Repeat all audience questions.
- Speakers with selected sessions will be asked to complete a speaker agreement outlining speaker and TSCRA expectations.
You may complete this form multiple times for different programs. The committee will select presentations and notify you by October 1st. The 2020 Cattle Raisers Convention will be held March 27-29, 2020 in Fort Worth.
Terms of Submission:
By submitting this form, you agree to all posted dates and deadlines and understand that, if deadlines are missed, TSCRA reserves the right to make adjustments to or cancel your session. TSCRA reserves the right to make adjustments to any session.
The lead presenter will be expected to make the presentation. Changes to the lead presenter cannot be made without TSCRA permission.
If your session is selected, a speaker agreement will be forwarded to you for completion. If this agreement is not completed by the specified date, you will forfeit your speaking slot at the event.