Three out of four producers support the beef checkoff, while the number who disapprove of the program, at just 11 percent, is the lowest in program history, according to a recent survey of 1,209 beef and dairy producers nationwide.
The random survey conducted by the independent firm Aspen Media & Market Research in late December 2014 and early January 2015 found an overwhelming majority of beef and dairy producers continue to say their beef checkoff has value for them in many ways:
- 81 percent of producers say the beef checkoff has helped to contribute to a positive trend in beef demand.
- 72 percent of producers say the beef checkoff contributes to the profitability of their operations.
- 76 percent say the checkoff is there for them in a crisis.
- 76 percent say the checkoff represents their interests.
- 66 percent of producers believe the checkoff is well managed.
One of the key priorities of the working group is to ‘increase the understanding of how the checkoff works … how [it] benefits them and their role as stakeholders,’ she notes.
A summary of the research findings is available online.
For more information about your beef checkoff investment, go to MyBeefCheckoff.com.